If any of your nonprofit’s fundraisers have suffered from one of these mistakes, don’t worry; you’re not alone.
- Failure to develop a practical vision
- Failure to budget correctly
- Failure to set achievable fundraising goals
- Failure to leave sufficient time for planning and fundraising
- Failure to leverage human resources wisely
ConceptLink addressed these common mistakes and provided event planning insights at the workshop on August 8th: Event Planning 101: Envisioning and Executing a Profitable Event at the African Services Committee.
Planning a fundraiser that’s profitable takes strategy and a clear understanding of who you are as an organization. During the course, we walked attendees through some essentials of fundraiser success: how to create a vision for your event, how to develop a realistic budget, and how to raise money.
Following the training, attendees broke up into 4 teams and completed a role playing activity to reinforce what they learned. Each team received a case study describing an organization and its goals for a fundraiser. Using vendor books and clues from the prompt, teams had to create their own vision, budget, and revenue projections. They did a great job! Check out the teams at work:
Did you miss the workshop? Not a problem! For a limited time, you can purchase the materials from the workshop on a USB for just $10! These resources are sure to assist you as you plan your next fundraiser. Of course, you can always contact us with questions and follow #tipsCL for more event planning information.
The USB includes:
- An event budget template
- A revenue projection template
- A sponsorship tracking template
- An insider’s list of nonprofit-friendly venues in NYC
- Our Quick Concept on Event Planning, on which the presentation was based
- The presentation slides
Click here to purchase via PayPal: